Eco Crete not only provides a hard wearing anti-skid surface it can also provide an effective waterproofing system. Fully bonded to the surface, with an elasticity of over 400% Eco Crete can provide a fully waterproof,anti-skid surface which is set within 20 minutes.
Can Be Applied Down To Minus 200C
Eco Crete has been specifically formulated to resist some of the harshest environments. Most unique is the ability to apply Eco Crete down to -200C. This property within itself is one of the reasons why Eco Crete is highly specified throughout winter in the U.K. and in the colder regions of Europe.
Eco Crete products do not get brittle over time and do not deteriorate with prolonged exposure to water. Eco Crete is impervious to many chemicals. Ideal for water and waste containment. Eco Crete coatings will not burn or sustain a flame and are Uv resistant forever.
DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
The purpose of this method statement is to outline the sequence of activities required for the successful application of the EcoCrete cement moisture barrier and waterproofing product.
30-90 seconds per square meter dependent on roof profile and equipment used.
Minimum of 45 minutes dependent on weather conditions
Assessment of risks must be done prior to work method being implemented.
Concrete and cement slabs; parapet walls.
Personnel: Dependent on size of surface area
- Paint brush and/or
- Paint roller and/or
- Drill for mixing if desired
- EcoCrete liquid.
- Cement (client to provide
ASSESSMENT OF RISKS
- Surface temperature must be greater than 10 degrees.
- Application surface to be dry.
- Application surface to be clean and free of grease, oil, dust dirt, loose stones, sharp protrusions.
- Do the risk assessment as indicated above.
- In a bucket mix the EcoCrete liquid with cement in a 1:1 ratio to form a slurry.
- Apply the EcoCrete slurry in a smooth even layer over the bare concrete/cement with a brush or roller.
- Thickness of application will vary on individual requirements and preferences.
- The recommended spread rate is 1Litre per 1 square meter.
- Once dry apply EcoCoat liquid rubber waterproofing as the final finish.
TECHNICAL & SAFETY DATA
EcoCrete is an Apeo free emulsion specifically developed for compatibility with cements, especially Portland type cements. The principal advantages of EcoCrete are enhanced adhesion and resilience, leading to improved impact resistance of the cement. The secondary advantages of EcoCrete is its ability to absorb unwanted moisture in concrete and cement surfaces and act as a base layer waterproofing barrier.